HSR Initial OHS Training Course – NEW DATES
|Date:||February 11, 2019 to February 15, 2018|
|Time:||9am - 5pm|
|Where:||Mildura Church of Christ
|Cost:||$900 inc GST per person (includes Lunch and Refreshments)|
DUE TO DEMAND, NEW DATES HAVE BEEN ADDED.
HSRs/DHSRs – Will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that will assist them to effectively represent the members of their designated work group. The course will also assist Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSRs). to understand and effectively exercise their powers.
Key Learning Outcomes
The learning objectives of the course are:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR or DHSR.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution.
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s).
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work.
(This course is suitable for workplaces covered by the Victorian OHS Act 2004.)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’.
Please note all 5 days of the course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement to be issued a certificate.
Who should attend?
Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives. Although HSRs and DHSRs are the primary audience, Managers, Supervisors and Health and Safety Committee members with an interest in safety may also benefit from attending this course.
Note: section 67 of the OHS Act 2004 entitles a HSR to attend an initial course of training in occupational health and safety after being elected. This entitlement (s57) also extends to deputy HSRs. The HSR in consultation with their employer also has the right to choose the course of training they attend.
For bookings or more information contact:
- Lois Fraser
- 0488 273 043
- Sharna Vigar
- 0409 257 024